2 marzo 2011

FALL2011-the Fashion Shows

Good Morning everyone!
Thanks to Style.com I can still show my point of view after New York, Paris and Milan's Fashion Weeks. I totally loved the atmosphere around the globe and although I already showed you some street style (more to come so stay tuned!) today's post is about some of the shows I liked the most.
Let me start with Missoni: the collection was mostly characterized by orange, pink, yellow and beige but in a less bright way. The key material of the collection was obviously the coloured phyton used to make coats, jackets accessories but especially a new version of the biker boots (totally in love with them!!).
The next show I want to talk to you about is Acne: we all know their amazing sense of stlye and the effortless clothes always proposed, but this season the went for an even more classic/feminine way of dressing up, with big jackets and skinny pants. Classic cuts meet modern colours like soft pink, mustard yellow and electric blue. The only turn off are the shoes, which usually are amazing! However I think that we will see a lot of fashion victims wearing them;)
The Burberry show was what we all expected it to be. Of course trenchs are the best pieces of the whole collection but (like every season) the have been reinterpreted in an awsome way. Feathers, studs and fur characterize thew new version of this classic must have in colours such us lime green, blue, black and beige. Not for everyone though.
What I think is going to be on everyone's shoulders is the transparent cape. Back in 2010 when I saw ADR wearing one I immediately though I needed that amazing piece in my closet! Never found one though.. :( And of course, this one from Burberry retails at almost 1000£ so you won't be see me wearing it until I find a cheaper version! (any suggestion will be highly appreciated!!)
A big surprise was the Jenni Kayne show. Forgive me if I did not know this brand, but I love it know! The fabrics, which look so comfy and soft yet so feminine are made in pastel colours such as pale pink, soft blue and beige. In order to achieve that comfortable look I mentioned befor all the looks were paires with velvet loafers (love the fact that they will never be OUT!)
The Mulberry fashion show was one of the shows I liked the most! Maxi skirts and dresses, fur, leather jackets, velvet sets and knee lenght skirts make this collection extremely elegant but with a bohemien touch using colours like army green, mustard, beige, grey, black, camel, lilac, bordeaux and turquoise. TRES CHIC!!
There are still some shows I want to shar with all of you..Which ones were the ones you liked the most?
Love,
CB